Your Local Association Provides:
Local Assistance on Workplace Issues
- Fair Labor Standards (ESP Members)
- Workers’ Compensation
- Job Descriptions
Expert and Diligent Negotiations
- The exclusive bargaining agent for Howard County teachers, instructional assistants and clerical employees, performed by colleagues with staff assistance to achieve the best possible wages, fringe benefits, and working conditions.
Building Level Representatives
- To assist you at your work site and to keep you informed of issues affecting your work environment.
Sick Leave Banks
- One for teachers and one for ESP workers administered jointly by HCEA and the Board of Education. Find out more.
Family Crisis Leave Exchange
- The Family Crisis Leave Exchange (FCLE) is a program, piloted for one (1) year, to provide leave to HCEA certified unit members (teachers) who have exhausted all of their available leave in order to care for a family member (spouse, child or parent) experiencing a catastrophic, life threatening illness or injury. Find out more.
Full-time Office Staff
- 5082 Dorsey Hall Drive, Suite 102, Ellicott City, MD 21042
MSEA UniServ Staff Person on Site
- To assist you in all aspects of your work environment.
Local Lobbying Efforts
- On local pro-education issues
Tutoring Referral List
- Courtesy list of tutors
Home and Other Loan Services
- Special arrangement with local lenders to help members refinance or purchase a home.
- Discounted for members only from A+ Auto & Home Insurance.
- Mention your HCEA membership to the to these providers to receive discounts
- Exclusive savings on auto and home insurance, life insurance programs ($15,000 policy is included your first year), credit cards, and investment programs
- Local attorney for personal legal issues (MSEA Attorney Referral)
- MSEA ACCESS Card discounts with local merchants